Thursday, September 10, 2009


Chapter sixty


Damian...

I'm here Mike.

We're anchored, off the coast of the Island of Trinidad.

How long will you be there?

I was put in charge of logistics. I think I can stall them for three days.

Good enough. We can get there in two. You hanging in there?

Yeah, feel better than I have in a long time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

How's Janet holding up?

I told her I was in contact with you and that you were coming. Damian, it's almost impossible for her to hide her joy. Come as soon as you can because Antonio is getting suspicious.

We're on our way.

We should've stayed with you Damian and I knew it.

You were in love with Shakira.

I should've made her go.

You couldn't have done that Mike. She would have never got on the boat.

I loved her so much.

I know.

Can you beat them, Damian?

I think so.

It's like whatever was injected in them to perfect their looks, is starting to turn them into super men and woman.

There was a silence between the two men until Mike spoke again.

How's Fei?

She's fine.

Will you tell her that I'm sorry for the way I treated her?

Mike, that's something you could and should tell her yourself. You're not planning to renege on your promise are you?

Damian sensed in Mike's pause, that he had.

What have I got to live for, Damian? The only woman I'd ever loved is dead. I've been beaten to within an inch of my life and it'll show forever.

You've got the future to live for. You've got us to live for. You know Feifong; she will always care about you. We all care about you, because we've seen when the chips are down, how much you care about us.

Damian sensed sobbing

Mike, listen to me. How hard will it be for you and Janet to sneak off?

Impossible during the day but at night I think we can slip away.

Good. When we arrive Mike, I want you and Janet to run to the north side of the Island. We'll be moving towards you.

I can't run, Damian, but I'll send Janet ahead.

No, that won't work. I don't think Janet will run ahead of you.

There was a long pause in the telekinetic conversation. Then Damian said:

Listen Mike, here's how we'll do this. I don't want Antonio to know we're on the Island until you and Janet are out of his clutches. If you can get away at night, find a place in the bush to hide. They won't be able to track you easily in the dark.

There is a tiger with us, Mike. She's tame and her name is Sheba. We'll send her ahead of us. She'll be looking for you. If you see or hear her, don't be frightened, just whisper her name. She'll stand guard over you. When you're secure, let me know, we'll arrive quickly.

I got it.

Alright, be careful.

Don't worry we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment