Thursday, September 10, 2009


Chapter sixty-two


Mike told Janet what Damian and he planned to do, and couldn't help smiling himself as he watched her face light up. She was looking nothing like the beauty she used to be. She was never beaten during their captivity but she had been raped daily for almost two months. Something inside her had fled during those months of helplessness.

Before the moment he told her they were escaping, she looked like someone who had lost their spark; tired, old, going through the motions of living only because to kill herself took a passion for accomplishing something that she just did not have. But suddenly she was charged with a new energy, the faded beauty was already beginning to shine through again in the way the color had come back into her pallid complexion.

Mike didn't dare talk to her long, so he moved on, to work on the tasks he had been assigned.

Antonio had set up the camp about a mile inland. Mike warned him about staying in the buildings so they were set up in a park-like area that had once been cleared but was now growing into woods again.

When they first arrived on Trinidad, Antonio wanted to re-supply and move on the next day, but Mike used the Island's scarce vegetation as an excuse to convince him to stay longer; to find more food in case the other Islands were just as fruitless.

That was two days ago. Damian should arrive today. He will wait for dark and Damian's contact. Then he and Janet will make a break. The nearest woods were a quarter of a mile away.

He will go first, so Janet can make excuses for his whereabouts if need be. He needed more time than she did to reach the woods. Ten minutes later she will make her break. He will guide her to him with his mind. If he and Janet can go missing unreported for 15 minutes, that will be time enough for Damian to arrive. He told Janet about the Tiger so she wouldn't be frightened if she ran into the cat.

" Fathead"

Mike almost jumped out of his skin. He was so lost in his thoughts, Antonio and his entire crew had walked up on him.

He struggled to calm himself, react normally.

"What?"

" I warned you not to fuck with me didn't I?"

Mike felt frantic, even though he couldn't image what the man was talking about. He heard sobbing and looked over to see Janet standing between Tameka and John Huang. His heart sunk.

"What are you talking about?"

" What am I talking about?" Antonio pressed his index fingers to his temples and concentrated.

Mike heard him speaking inside his head

I know that you've been talking to Damian. I know all about your plans.

Mike's face turned light green and he looked like he was going to faint.

Antonio laughed
. "I was going to let you live. You and the shriveled up hag over there. A man can never have enough slaves--even gimps and dried up whores, but you just had to betray me didn't you? You fucking Civs know absolutely nothing about truth, loyalty and honor."

Mike opened his mouth, but shut it again when he heard Janet.

" You're going to die, Fathead, but I'm going to offer you a deal. You cooperate with me, and I'll give you an easy death."

Mike burst into laughter.
"An easy death? You think I'm afraid of what you can do to me?"

Antonio smiled in the face of Mike's laughter.
" No. I know if I were you, I wouldn't be. I know you're not afraid of death, me or anything I can do to you. But I also know how you feel about Janet. Let's not waste my time Mike. You know what I can do to her and you know you don't want that."

Mike sighed.
" What do you want me to do?"

Antonio's eyes flashed.
" I'm really going to enjoy killing you. So many games, so much bullshit. You're a bright guy, Mike. What the fuck do you think I want you to do? I'm getting pissed Fathead, and if you have it in your mind to waste one more second of my time, I'm going to forget all about strategy and give in to the hate I feel for you right now. John..." Antonio called out.

The Asian Soldier immediately jabbed Janet in the throat with two fingers.

She doubled over wheezing and choking like she was going to die.

Mike lunged. Antonio drew his arm all the way back and backhanded him across the face.

" David..." He called out.

Bravefeather walked over to Janet who was still struggling to get her breath back. He grabbed her left arm and twisted it high behind her back. She didn't have enough wind to scream but the sound she made was worse than any cry of agony could ever be.

" Alright, alright!...alright...please. I'll set it up...anything. What do you want me to tell him? "


" Tell Damian you've escaped and you and Janet are waiting for him at the south end of the Island. If you or Janet tells him anything different or anything else, I'll know it, and I'll kill you. I really would like to use you as a chip, but I'll get by, and you can let your imagination run wild about what I'll do to Janet, and I swear, you'll still never get close to the reality. "

I'll do anything you say. Just don't hurt her anymore...please."

No comments:

Post a Comment